Saturday 30 September 2017

Sci-fi Garage Update - September 30th

Time for another sci-fi garage update. This week, I've been pushing through the final props for the scene and making finishing touches and tweaks to the textures, visuals and particle effects. I've also made a start on the camera cuts in UE4's sequencer feature so its ready to render the video when the scene is finally finished. With about a week and a half left until the deadline of October 10th, I'm now tying up loose ends and making final additions. The scene is now pretty much finished - I've made every prop that I planned to include and all thats left to do is get the final post-processing settings in place.
 
On Wednesday, I'm going into the games studio to render the level flythrough, which I will then edit together into a final presentation video that will be included in my final submission. I will also be creating audio (both SFX and ambient music) for the video over the next week or so. Finally, I will be taking a bunch of screenshots including shots of the scene, beauty shots of individual assets, and additional pictures for the write-up. I'll be making a detailed write-up about my creative process, project pipeline, design decisions etc and posting that on here along with my submission. So my final submission will consist of a flythrough video, screenshots and a reflective write-up.

Anyway, here is a list of what I've done since my last update:

  • Created many new assets including...:
  • Posters for the garage walls, which come in 3 designs.
  • Various signs for the walls, including no smoking signs, fire extinguisher signs and warning signs.
  • A classic red mechanic's tool chest.
  • A military ammo box.
  • Various tools/clutter including a paint brush, screw driver, duct tape and some bottles.
  • A construction light.
  • A fire extinguisher.
  • A computer console that sits on the mezzanine floor/gantry.
  • I've also made a couple of grunge textures for the walls and floor, including grunge-y rust and drips.
  • I've made some changes to several of the textures, tweaking metallic and roughness values on various props.
  • I've also reworked the pipe texture.
  • I've made screen displays for the APC's dashboard and the laptop screens.
I'm really happy with how everything has turned out and I'm excited to get the project finished up to as high a standard as I can. Bring on next week!

Here's some pictures of the scene now:


No comments:

Post a Comment