Wednesday 6 September 2017

Sci-fi Garage Update - September 6th

Time for some new Sci-fi Garage progress pics! I've been working steadily on the scene and have made a decent amount of progress. I've mostly been making new props and making changes to the post-processing. Since my last update, I've modelled and textured some filing cabinets, shelves, tools and a modular pipe set. I've also made some fairly drastic changes to the post-processing and rendering, such as adding a very subtle green filter to the scene which I think helps the blue and yellow lighting to stand out.

I'm steadily adding more props to the scene. One such prop is a set of filing cabinets. There are a number of different versions of the filing cabinet prop with different drawer configurations. The filing cabinets all share the same texture sheet. I've also made some tools including a spanner and a pipe wrench. Finally, I've made a modular pipe set. This set is made up of 8 modular pipe pieces that can be snapped together in some interesting ways. They all share the same texture sheet. I've added the pipes around the scene and I think that it really adds realism and breaks up the repitition of the modular architecture.

I've also done some more work on the god rays/sun light coming from the windows in the garage. I'm really happy with how these are looking. As far as post-processing goes, I'm kind of struggling to decide which way to go with it. I've spent many hours experimenting and I think it is gradually getting there. I need to find the right balance between a scene that is visually impressive but also not distracting or over-done.

I think I might be approaching the final stages of this project, and I'm definitely on track to get it done in time to submit, but there's still a lot to do such as making more props. I've sunk countless hours into the project over the past few weeks and I feel like the constant work has really helped me to develop my 3D skills and workflow. Here's some pictures of how the scene is looking now:











 

No comments:

Post a Comment