Monday 27 February 2017

Stone Circle Scene Progress - February 27th

I've made a bit of progress on my new 3D environment project today. Having completed a basic level layout last week, I have now translated the layout into a terrain for the level, added some textures and put some trees down. I've also started playing with lighting by adding torches, setting the scene to night time and adjusting the fog. I think that this is a decent start.

At the moment all of the models are works-in-progress (the torch, for instance, is just a cylinder with a point light and particle emitter), and the materials are all just taken from the starter content, but this has helped me to visualise the scene and will allow me to move forward from this point to adding my own assets.






My next step will probably be to create my own tileable textures for the terrain, and maybe do some basic models for the three trees that will feature in the level's gameplay. Watch this space for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment