Thursday 6 July 2017

Sci-fi Garage - APC Modelling - July 5th

It has been a little while since my last Sci-fi garage project update. This is because firstly; a fair portion of my time last month was spent on creating my academic poster/learning agreement, and secondly; the nature of the work that I have been doing on the garage project hasn't really produced anything worth showing!

For the past couple of weeks, I have been modelling the armoured personnel carrier that will be acting as the focal point and most important asset in the sci-fi garage environment. This model will likely take up a large portion of the time that I have allocated myself for this project. Now its finally beginning to take shape so I thought I'd post some WIP pictures.

The APC has quickly become one of the most complex models I have created. I've really tried to add a lot of detail and "attitude" to it and give it a strong silhouette for maximum visual impact. There's a lot of different elements to it including the main body, wheels, interior, seats, weapon, lights and various cosmetic adornments such as the jerry cans and shovel on the side. As far as reference/research goes, I've gathered reference from a variety of sources, from image searches to documentaries about current and future armoured vehicles. I also watched Mad Max: Fury Road and borrowed a few ideas from the many vehicles featured in that movie. The APC takes cues from a variety of modern vehicles, most prominetly the LAV-C2, but I have heavily fictionalised it and tried to make it more sci-fi to fit with the theme.










No comments:

Post a Comment