Thursday 27 July 2017

Sci-fi Garage Update - July 27th

I've been making steady progress on my Sci-fi Garage scene this week. Here's a run-down of what I've done in the 3 days since my last update:
  • I have done a lot of work on the APC's materials including adding various markings, more details, refining base materials etc.
  • I've also done a lot of lighting work on the scene such as trying to get the skylight and directional light right, aswell as refining emissives and additional lights such as the vehicle lights.
  • Done a lot of post-processing and general improvements to the visual quality, such as increasing/refining the details of indirect shadows to elimate seams on the modular assets. Also started to experiment with different post-processing effects such as darkening shadows, boosting highlights and midtones etc.
  • Added a smoke particle effect to the scene to give the whole scene a subtle hazy/dusty appearance.
  • Added some placeholder clutter to the scene to help me begin to visualise placement of props.
 Here's how the scene is looking now. I'm really happy with how its going and I think the APC texture is very near completion. I will be starting on the props soon.

 







 







No comments:

Post a Comment