Friday 18 August 2017

Sci-fi Garage Update - August 18th

Time for another sci-fi garage update - I've made a quite a lot of progress since the last update, here's a run-down of what has changed:

  • Firstly, I've modelled and textured several new props including: metal trolleys, a propane canister, tires, paint cans, a metal dolly and accessories for the walls such as vents.
  • I've also modelled a metal beam piece for the ceiling. I think that this piece adds more realsim to the architecture. It also helps to break up the modular ceiling pieces.
  • I've modelled and textured the light piece for the top of the wall, including emissive texture.
  • I decided to change the floor texture to a concrete floor instead of the shiny red floor from before. The red floor seemed too distracting and unrealistic. I'm not 100% happy with the new floor yet but I'll put more work into it to get it looking right.
  • I've also started to add more moving features to the scene. The AC vent fans rotate and the vents emit smoke.
  • As always, I've been continually updating the lighting and post-processing.










No comments:

Post a Comment